Andrew Gibbs - President
We welcome all traders and investors
STANZ is an incorporated non-profit society providing learning opportunities for individual traders and investors who wish to manage their own funds whether it be foreign exchange (forex), shares and CFDs (Contracts for Difference), futures and commodities. We believe technical analysis or a combination of technical and fundamental analysis can help traders and investors understand more about timing their trading and investment decisions.
Dinner meeting March 22nd 2017 – book now!
Our first dinner meeting will be held at the Northern Club on Wednesday 22nd March 2017. There will be pre-dinner drinks from 7pm, then dinner at 7.30pm and a guest speaker at 8pm.
Cost will be just $59 for a two-course meal including drinks. There is no attendance fee!
E-mail: email@example.com to book your seat.
Volume at Price: Not all prices are equal!
Our guest speaker is Paul McClaren, Managing Director of Enhance Your Options Pty Ltd.
Paul McLaren is Managing Director of Enhance Your Options Pty Ltd, that specialises in the training and education of options trading strategies.
Paul has been involved in education for almost 25 years, first as a high school teacher, then university tutor and lecturer and ultimately an IT Training Manager.
He has over 20 years’ experience in the Australian and International sharemarkets, and has a keen interest on options on commodity futures.
He is married with three children, and lives in Queensland, Australia, having worked and lived in Fiji and the United Kingdom.
Paul has served on both his local ATAA chapter committee, and on the ATAA National Board for two years.
Volume at Price: Not all prices are equal!
Volume At Price (VAP) is an extremely useful, easy to use visual tool that confirms other visual indicators. It has not been given much coverage in the Technical Analysis field. Paul will outline both the theory behind the indicator and it’s practical application.
- Steidlmayer Distribution: the current Market Profile®
- Volume at Price(VAP): the new market profile
- How the VAP is calculated
- VAP confirms support and resistance
- VAP and gaps
- VAP and a Probability Distribution Function (pdf)
- The Practical
- VAP and price targets in short term trades
- VAP and the choice of strike prices in options strategies
- VAP and EMV
Door Charge: $59 for Northern Club on the 21st March. Includes Dinner and Drinks.
Please make payment for your ticket ($59 includes GST, two course meal, wine and speaker fees) by 5pm on Tuesday, March 21st to the STANZ bank account - 12-3042-0324963-00 – don’t forget to use your name as a reference so we can track who has paid.
Current 2017 STANZ Members: $FREE Membership. (Door Charge only)
Dinner & Drinks provided. We hope to see you all there. The committee looks forward to seeing you and remember visitors are always welcome.
Dinner Meeting will be held at the Northern Club in Auckland’s CBD starting at 7pm.
In 2017 our annual subscription is offered free of charge per year with a $59 door charge at monthly meetings which includes a two course meal and drinks. In addition if you either cannot attend a meeting or you live outside Auckland or even overseas in say the United States, England, Australia or any other country you can view a recording of many of the presentations online. In addition our online video library contains over fifty educational videos from well known market professionals such as Colin Nicholson and Alexander Elder.
- Monthly Auckland meetings with presentations from local and international professional traders
- Online access to full-length videos of our monthly presentations i.e. you do not need to live in Auckland to experience the benefits of being a STANZ member because you can view the computer screen and audio all of our monthly presentations online.
- Network with other traders and investors.
- Monthly STANZ newsletter.
- Affiliate benefits with the Australian Technical Analysts Association (ATAA) and ATAA newsletter.
- Membership of the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA) and IFTA newsletter.
- Ability to study and obtain the Certified Financial Technician (CFT) IFTA qualification.
- Low cost way to learn about trading from professional traders.
- Online access to the STANZ video library with over fifty educational videos.
- Genuine insights into the best educational courses offering value for money.
- Learn new trading ideas and techniques.
Charts, Ideas and Chat