Andrew Gibbs - President
We welcome all traders and investors
STANZ is an incorporated non-profit society providing learning opportunities for individual traders and investors who wish to manage their own funds whether it be foreign exchange (forex), shares and CFDs (Contracts for Difference), futures and commodities. We believe technical analysis or a combination of technical and fundamental analysis can help traders and investors understand more about timing their trading and investment decisions.
Dinner meeting July 20th 2016 – book now!
Our third dinner meeting will be held at the Northern Club on Wednesday July 20th 2016. There will be pre-dinner drinks from 7pm, then dinner at 7.30pm and a guest speaker at 8pm.
Cost will be just $59 for a two-course meal including drinks. There is no attendance fee!
E-mail: email@example.com to book your seat.
Predicting Currencies and Exchange Rates
Our guest speaker is Imre Speizer, Markets Strategist with Westpac Bank.
Imre started working in the financial markets in the mid 1980s in NZ, and migrated to Hong Kong, Singapore and London, where he spent 15 years trading emerging market currencies and interest rates for Bank of America and UBS/SBC. He has degrees in mathematics, computer science, and economics from Otago and Canterbury Universities. He has been Westpac’s markets strategist since 2008.
In his address, Imre will talk about how economists and strategists predict currencies and interest rates, including their relationships with bank trading rooms.
Imre is extremely well placed to give us insights into the global markets and his presentation is a must-see!
Door Charge: $59 for Northern Club on the25th May. Includes Dinner and Drinks.
Please make payment for your ticket ($59 includes GST, two course meal, wine and speaker fees) by 5pm on Tuesday, May 24 to the STANZ bank account - 12-3042-0324963-00 – don’t forget to use your name as a reference so we can track who has paid.
Current 2016 STANZ Members: $FREE Membership.
Dinner & Drinks provided. We hope to see you all there. The committee looks forward to seeing you and remember visitors are always welcome.
Dinner Meeting will be held at the Northern Club in Auckland’s CBD starting at 7pm.
In 2016 our annual subscription is offered free of charge per year with a $0 door charge at monthly meetings. In addition if you either cannot attend a meeting or you live outside Auckland or even overseas in say the United States, England, Australia or any other country you can view a recording of many of the presentations online. In addition our online video library contains over fifty educational videos from well known market professionals such as Colin Nicholson and Alexander Elder.
- Monthly Auckland meetings with presentations from local and international professional traders
- Online access to full-length videos of our monthly presentations i.e. you do not need to live in Auckland to experience the benefits of being a STANZ member because you can view the computer screen and audio all of our monthly presentations online.
- Network with other traders and investors.
- Monthly STANZ newsletter.
- Affiliate benefits with the Australian Technical Analysts Association (ATAA) and ATAA newsletter.
- Membership of the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA) and IFTA newsletter.
- Ability to study and obtain the Certified Financial Technician (CFT) IFTA qualification.
- Low cost way to learn about trading from professional traders.
- Online access to the STANZ video library with over fifty educational videos.
- Genuine insights into the best educational courses offering value for money.
- Learn new trading ideas and techniques.
Watch the Introduction for Future Trading.Click the image above and a light box video popup will appear.
A beginner's guide to the Forex market. Click the image above and a lightbox video popup will appear.
He has traded and educated traders throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Australasia and has now settled in the Financial hub of Singapore where he trades from his home office.
Understanding how to wade through this data is vital. Technical indicators are designed to helpt. Click the image above and a lightbox video popup will appear.